Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thankful for the small things

I try to be a thankful person. I don't always succeed, but I make it a point to incorporate gratitude into my life. I had a moment yesterday that reminded me to be thankful even for the small things. Last evening I sat outside at Dairy Queen enjoying a candy shop blizzard. First of all, this was the first evening in what seemed like forever that was beautiful AND cool enough to be outside without the imminent danger of heat stroke. Secondly, this blizzard is amazing. You need to try it. Finally, I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to do this. Blizzards aren't that expensive, but they are certainly not a necessity, even though I dearly love them. For some people, they simply can't afford one. I was so thankful as I sat there and considered how very blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment