Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Not All About You

Most of us realize that life doesn't revolve around us. However, not everyone grasps this concept, as evidenced by the following conversation my coworker recently had with her sister the princess.

Coworker: "Hubby and I are thinking about starting to try to have a baby in December."
Princess Sister: "You can't do that!"
Coworker: "Why not?"
Princess Sister: "Because Boyfriend and I will probably get engaged this summer. That means we'll probably get married next summer, and YOU CAN'T BE FAT AT MY WEDDING."

Interesting fact: This whole matrimonial time line was news to the Princess's boyfriend.

Thoughts
1. My coworker had said before that her sister was a princess. She was obviously not kidding.
2. Pregnant does not equal fat
3. Note, no "wow, I'm really excited to be an aunt". And trust me, being an aunt is awesome. It's all about the princess.
4. Yes, it's your wedding day. It's also someone else's birthday, anniversary, first day at a new job, day of death, etc. Life is truly not all about you dear princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment