Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Preventative Maintenance Pays Off

After the recent lock freezing incident, I decided to do some additional winter preventative maintenance. I applied silicone to the door seals on both my vehicles. This is something my dad used to always recommend to keep the doors from freezing.

Sure enough, less than a week later we got what was either freezing rain or rain that froze after falling. Not sure as I was sleeping. It wasn't much, but I was expecting to have to gently rock the door open to break away the ice (Never try to yank a frozen door open. You can break the handle among other things.) No rocking needed. The door opened up nice and easily. There was ice inside the door frame, so I'm sure it would have been a different story without the silicone. My five minutes of preventative maintenance definitely paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment