Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

"We Sell A Lot of Cars Here"

We bought a new company car two weeks ago. We still don't have any paperwork to take the BMV, though the salesperson assured my boss we'd have it in a couple of days. Our state requires titling in 30 days. I called the dealership today to see what was taking so long. Here's the conversation I had with the title clerk.

Title Clerk: This is X. How can I help you?

Me: Yes, I'm with Z Corp. We bought a car two weeks ago, and we still don't have any paperwork to take to the BMV.

T C: I haven't finished with December yet. I haven't started January. (Me in head "You're a MONTH behind?!?) Your temporary tags are good for 60 days.

Me: We are in (not state where purchased), and we have to title in 30 days.

Title Clerk: We'll include $21 in your paperwork. (This is the late registration/title fee) (Me in head: "This is some kind of joke")

Me: So when will we get the paperwork?

Title Clerk: Well, it depends on how many interruptions I have (I'm pretty sure she was implying that I was an interruption). I'm only one person, and we sell a lot of cars here.


I was incredulous at almost every aspect of this conversation.
1. She had attitude.
2. What do you mean you're a MONTH behind on processing title paperwork?
3. You are behind so often that you customarily send the customer the late fee with the paperwork?
4. My talking with you is not an interruption. It's YOUR JOB.
5. Selling a lot of cars shouldn't be unexpected. It's a CAR DEALERSHIP. Part of being a CAR DEALERSHIP is processing this paperwork in a timely manner.

My next call was to the salesperson. I said we had not received our paperwork in a few days as promised. His reply "it usually doesn't arrive in a few days". Then WHY did you tell my boss it would? GRR. He said he'd have someone look into the situation and call me back. I don't have high hopes.

And car dealers wonder why people hating having to do business with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment