Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crazy in action

Today my coworker and I were talking to one of the contractors (we'll call him X) who's been working on our facility expansion. He said they're about done with their portion of the work. I asked if he knew where his next job would be. He said he didn't, but that he hoped it was close to home. He lives 1.5 hours from our site, and he and another guy from his company (who happens to be his boss and his dad) are renting an apartment to stay in during the week. I mentioned that his coworker C (for Crazy, you'll understand soon) had an even farther drive, but C had dogs and he had to take care of them. I said I'd find someone to watch those dogs for me. At this point X says that C could have his wife do that. I didn't know that C was married. He's never mentioned it, and I talk to him on a "hi, how are you" basis quite frequently. X said "well, last thing I knew they were still married." He indicated the relationship has been complicated. Then he dropped the bomb "She shot him once". WHAT?!?! He then told us the story.

It seems C was working a job site away from home, and he had a girlfriend at this location. The wife found out about it, drove there, and at the end of lunch break SHOT HIM IN THE STOMACH. Yikes. He, of course, had to go to the hospital. X said he's pretty sure charges were never filed. Then he added "She's a stripper. That's how C met her." He also stated that for several years a picture of her decorated the inside of the crew's job box. That came to an end when employees at a company where they were working complained. I said she must not have had on regular clothes or no one would have complained. X said "She was on the pole". Classy. I gave X a piece of advice "Learn what C's wife looks like, and if you see her on a job site, run away as fast as you can".

Think C for crazy is appropriate?  

No comments:

Post a Comment