Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pardon me, but your incompetence is showing

This post is courtesy of my friend and former co-worker. Wednesday she forwarded me an e-mail exchange featuring one of her not-so-bright co-workers. She then asked me if she'd told me the Tijuana story. She hadn't but I could tell it would a good one. She called me to relay the story, and it was indeed quite entertaining.

We'll call her annoying co-worker Associate I for incompetent. Associate I's job is to book travel for team members at the company. She booked a trip for 2 team members to visit a facility near Tijuana. First, she had them fly into California. Now, the last time I checked, Tijuana was in Mexico. They then rent a car and drive into Mexico. I told my friend that we don't let our people drive in Mexico. She said it's against their policy too. Oopsy. Next, their company insurance, like ours, doesn't cover rental vehicles outside the U.S. and Canada. Did she have them purchase insurance from the rental car agency? No. She didn't even know the car wasn't covered, though my friend who is only a back up to Associate I did. Then the two members got lost, and they were driving around Tijuana for quite some time. Great. Two obvious foreigners driving around Mexico in a brand new Toyota Camry. They are lucky they weren't carjacked, kidnapped for ransom, or worse.

One thing for sure, I don't want Associate I booking any travel for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment