Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Planning is a good thing- UPDATE

Today one of my friends asked if I was still using my old computer or my new one. I got the new one back, and it's about 95% functional. Printers were added so I can print from virtual machine. After two upgrades (since our version was SO old), our HR software  will now run on Windows 7 (we're still not running the current version, of course). A fix was found so I can use Outlook 2007 for almost all of the mailboxes that I monitor. This is good as I couldn't open attachments in virtual machine mode. I'd have to save them to my desktop, then open. That was a pain in the rear for sure. The only lingering problem is I can't open 2 of the mailboxes. I can, however, open the calendars for those resources. IT is stumped. For now I have to use Outlook in virtual machine mode to open those mailboxes. So, are we there yet? Not quite. But it is getting better.

P.S. The HR software upgrade was done Friday while my coworker was off. She came in Monday and of course couldn't use the program. She asked the two senior IT people about it. I told her they wouldn't be able to do it, and she figured that's what would happen. They told her they'd look at it. Later that day they asked her if she could wait until today while the most junior person on the team got back from funeral leave. Nothing like cross team capability is there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment