Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Elves and Pixies

Today I overhead our IT manager (we'll call him I) tell our electrical contractor "if you have to use elves and pixies to get it done". This company is installing the data cables for our office, which is being entirely relocated on Friday. I is not known for his planning and organization skills, and I've pegged him as the most likely one to have a nervous breakdown during the move.  He didn't look happy today, and I told someone I thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown just then. The contractor didn't look happy either based on the body language I saw. I also heard them say "We are just building to scope" meaning what our design is.

If I had to guess where the fault lies here, I'll go with I. Three days before the move is probably not the time to be addressing whatever this issue is. This all should have been confirmed quite some time ago. Someone asked a member of the move team if they had tested the phone lines, etc. in our new office space (which is still not done yet by the way). The answer was "No, we are just going to hope everything works". NICE. Let's just say that Tuesday morning could prove very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment